1. Winning a 1st grade recitation competition. It was a teddy-bear poem and I killed it.
2. Being handed matches by my kindergarten teachers so that I could light firecrackers indoors. I asked nicely. They couldn't say no to a polite 6-year-old.
3. Creating a "video CV" for a friend of mine which started both of our careers.
4. I've been told I came up with my own nickname because "Alexander" was too much of a mouthful.
5. Dropping out of university after 6 months because I felt ready to "actually do something".
6. Founding Brink.
7. Filming my own multi-camera cooking show, alone.
8. Winning a fishing competition at my hometown pond where I’ve been fishing since I was a young boy. Obviously I had inside intel on what bait etc. would work best so I dominated the competition.
The best thing about working at Brink
The daily feeling of pure pride getting to work with super-talented people who are different and awesome in their own unique ways. I'm a real people person, so working with different kinds of creative professionals is my dream job.
My favorite project
Looking back to 2011 when we founded Brink, it was and still is my greatest project ever. A project I'm happy to keep working on for the rest of my days.
In five years
I'm determined to be the leader of the world's best place to work for creative animation professionals.