Currently I have a dual role at Brink: I am working together with our team and clients to ensure that our projects go smoothly and everyone feels good about them. In addition, I’m responsible for developing and nurturing our company culture and taking care of our daily HR and recruitment related activities.
1. I was asked to host my elementary school’s millennium show in front of all the students, teachers and parents.
2. When I graduated from high school, I received an award for “diligently working to positively affect the spirit within the student community”.
3. Starting work at Brink! One beautiful Tuesday in August I sent my application to Brink. One hour later, Ilpo called me and asked me to come in for an interview the next day. On Wednesday I had my interview, on Thursday Ilpo told me that they’d like to hire me and on Monday I introduced myself to my new work family.
4. Finishing my Master’s thesis and graduating. Writing my Master’s thesis felt like a long and painful journey. I felt stuck for the first five months until I finally found my long-lost motivation and started to write.
5. One of the most beautiful and meaningful pieces of feedback I have received at work was that my positive energy helped other people keep on going as well.
6. When I graduated from high school I moved to Australia for two years to do my Bachelor’s degree despite not knowing anyone there.
7. I'm usually one of the top 3 likers of the Brink Instagram pictures. And I like them every time!
The best thing about working at Brink
The best thing about working at Brink is hands down the people I get to work with every day: I genuinely think that I have the best colleagues in the world! They are the friendliest, most supportive and most talented people who make my work (and life in general) a lot easier and more enjoyable. It is like working with friends.
My favorite project
I have the opportunity to work on many different types of projects but the miniature animations and print material we did for Vaasan together with Bob the Robot is one that comes to mind. The whole theme was fun, working with the guys from Bob the Robot was very easy, we combined a lot of different techniques into the project and basically almost every one of us at Brink was involved in the project one way or another.
In five years
In five years' time I’d like to see that our vision of being the world's best place to work for creative professional is not just a vision but something that is recognized beyond the company walls as well. I hope we can be a model or source of inspiration for other companies in developing a culture where they put their employees first and build everything else around that. To be honest, I haven’t really made too many plans for the future. In general, my wish for the future is to be happy.